Monday, August 2, 2010

Tool #9 Jing and Skype

My relatives and I have been using Skype to get in contact. Since most of my friends and family are far from here, Skype is a great tool to get in communication with people that are far at a lower cost (other countries). We can use our video camera to talk alive. My family and I enjoy using it because we can talk and see our relatives and also, they can see my kiddos how they grow up so fast.
It is a great idea for the students to communicate with other students that are not just in the same City, but different State and even Country.
Adding Jing to it, makes it very complete because you are not just talking alive, but you can also capture something that you might be working on your computer and you need the other person to see while discussing it over voice. Once again you don't have to rely on e-mails going back and forth. You can let the other person know what you are talking about right there. Teachers can help students over the internet and can also communicate with other teachers to work in a project among themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment